Brenwood Academy’s lottery-funded Georgia Pre-K Program ends on Friday, April 27th. We are offering to our current Georgia Pre-K parents and to those in the community whose Pre-K program ends at the same time, another program on campus.
We would love for you to take advantage of our “Pre-K in May” program for your “rising Kindergartener. This program will be for twenty days. The program begins Monday, April 30th and ends on Friday, May 25th. We wanted to present to you the offer and the chance to take the limited spots available.
TUITION FOR PRE-K IN MAY:
- The tuition for this program is $125.00 per week. The hours will be the same as the Georgia Pre-K Program, 7:30 – 2:30. The tuition total is $500.00. Tuition is non-refundable.
- The following are tuition payment options. Once you have chosen one of these programs, you may not change.
- Tuition Option 1: Tuition of $500.00 is paid in advance with registration fee.
- Tuition Option 2: A non-refundable deposit of $75.00 that is applied towards the last week of tuition. This deposit must accompany the registration form attached. Tuition of $125.00 is paid each week in advance:
- $125.00 Due Wednesday, April 25
- $125.00 Due Wednesday, May 2
- $125.00 Due Wednesday, May 9
- $75.00 Due Wednesday, May 16
Students must be registered now so that we can plan staffing, facilities, and supplies. The classes will be held at Brenwood Academy. All registration will be on a first come-first serve basis
Once you have signed up for the May program, we will schedule a one-on-one assessment using the Kindergarten Diagnostic Instrument. This is a comprehensive, yet time efficient screening instrument designed to assess developmental readiness skills for children entering Kindergarten. It provides a strong look at your child’s learning profile in the verbal and non-verbal areas. We also will sit down with you, as parents, to discuss the assessment results.
This assessment will also help us to develop an individualized plan for those twenty days for your child. It will provide an opportunity to spend more time in the areas of “early literacy development” and preparing your child for greater success in school and the increasing demands of kindergarten. This includes handwriting, phonological awareness, vocabulary and sight words, and other pre-reading skills.
These twenty days will include significant exposure to the Dolche words. These are a list of common sight words that children must learn from memory, as most do not follow phonic rules. We also will extend the phonic awareness to understanding the “blending” of sounds that form words.
Handwriting and writing text on an age appropriate level will be concentrated on, including proper pencil grip. In addition, we will help your child write and illustrate their own book.
Mathematical concepts that have been introduced in Georgia Pre-K but can be expanded upon, this includes: modeling addition and subtraction, grouping by properties, measurement concepts (distance, length, time, weight, etc.) and beginning math problem solving. All this done at their individual level.
In addition, we are able to provide a Graduation Day for your child at the end of May. This is one of those priceless moments that provide memories for a lifetime. Graduation will be held on Friday, May 25th in the afternoon.
Please contact the school to register and for more information: 770-704-4925